A New History of Christianity in China, written by one of the world's the leading writers on Christianity in China, looks at Christianity's long history in China, its extraordinarily rapid rise in the last half of the twentieth century, and charts its future direction.
- Provides the first comprehensive history of Christianity in China, an important, understudied area in both Asian studies and religious history
- Traces the transformation of Christianity from an imported, Western religion to a thoroughly Chinese religion
- Contextualizes the growth of Christianity in China within national and local politics
- Offers a portrait of the complex religious scene in China today
- Contrasts China with other non-Western societies where Christianity is surging
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 252 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||152 x 14 x 229mm||ISBN10:||1405159553|
|Weight:||322g||ISBN13:||9781405159555||Publication Date:||22 Jul 2011||Publisher:||Wiley|
Daniel H. Bays is currently Professor of History and Director of the Asian Studies Program at Calvin College in Michigan. Previously he taught at the University of Kansas for 30 years. He is the author of several books on Chinese Christian history.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to email@example.com
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.