The pathway to bringing laboratory discoveries to market is poorly understood and generally new to many academics. This book serves as an easy-to-read roadmap for translating technology to a product launch – guiding university faculty and graduate students on launching a start-up company.
• Addresses a growing trend of academic faculty commercializing their discoveries, especially those supported by the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health
• Offers faculty a pathway and easy-to-follow steps towards determining whether their discovery / idea / technology is viable from a business perspective, as well as how to execute the necessary steps to create and launch a start-up company
• Has a light-hearted and accessible style of a step-by-step guide to help graduate students, post-docs, and faculty learn how to go about spinning out their research from the lab
• Includes interviews by faculty in the disciplines of materials science, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, information technology, energy, and mechanical devices – offering tips and discussing potential pitfalls to be avoided
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 224 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||150 x 15 x 224mm||ISBN10:||1118859081|
|Weight:||318g||ISBN13:||9781118859087||Publication Date:||15 Sep 2017||Publisher:||Wiley|
MICHELE MARCOLONGO, PhD, is Department Head and Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at Drexel University and has a laboratory focus in biomaterials. In a past position as Senior Associate Vice Provost for Translational Research, she worked to translate research discoveries from the laboratory toward commercialization and served on the Operations Boards of the Nanotechnology Institute and the Energy Commercialization Institute. Dr. Marcolongo has co-founded two companies in the field of medical devices.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.