Discover how easy and fun baking can be!
Ever walk past a bakery window and marvel at the assortment of cookies, tarts, pies, and cakes and wonder how they did it? Wonder no more. The secrets to creating them can now be yours. With Baking For Dummies, You'lll discover how simple (and fun!) whipping up any sort of baked good from a chocolate layer cake, a classic apple pie to a plateful of scrumptious chocolate chip cookies or black-and-white brownies actually is.
The magic is in the doing and baking expert Emily Nolan shows you how. In almost no time, you'll get down to basics with easy-to-follow tips on:
- Outfitting your kitchen with a baker's essentials iincluding baking pans (loaf pans, springform pans, glass vs. aluminum pie plates), food processors and blenders, bowls, measuring cups, graters, and sifters
- Measuring ingredients, preparing pans, working with eggs, zesting fruit, and melting chocolate
- Getting ready to bake,preparing your kitchen, working with recipes, and using the right equipment
And once you're all set, you'll marvel at how simple creating the smallest baking masterpiece really is:
- From chocolate cupcakes topped with mocha frosting to a lemon-curd cheesecake, to fluffy blueberry muffins and buttermilk biscuits
- From scrumptious pumpkin and chocolate cream pies and a classic cheesecake to outrageously delicious chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies
- From a heart-warming chicken potpie to a yummy cheese soufflé
With over 100 recipes to choose from (including ones for soft pretzels and pizza!), eight pages of color photos, a summary cheat sheet of baking essentials, black-and-white how-to illustrations, and humorous cartoons along the way, the book will reward, even a baking novice, with delicious results and allow you to enjoy the unending magic of baking from scratch.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 360 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||187 x 21 x 235mm||ISBN10:||0764554204|
|Weight:||531g||ISBN13:||9780764554209||Publication Date:||15 Jan 2002||Publisher:||Wiley|
Emily Nolan, a lifelong baker, is a trained pastry chef, cookbook author, and recipe developer. Her baking has been influenced by time spent living in France, Germany, and England, and she hopes to one day own a bed and breakfast.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to email@example.com
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.