Contemporary Debates in Aesthetics and the Philosophy of Art features pairs of newly commissioned essays by some of the leading theorists working in the field today.
- Brings together fresh debates on eleven of the most controversial issues in aesthetics and the philosophy of art
- Topics addressed include the nature of beauty, aesthetic experience, artistic value, and the nature of our emotional responses to art.
- Each question is treated by a pair of opposing essays written by eminent scholars, and especially commissioned for the volume.
- Lively debate format sharply defines the issues, and paves the way for further discussion.
- Will serve as an accessible introduction to the major topics in aesthetics, while also capturing the imagination of professional philosophers
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 384 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||173 x 29 x 246mm||ISBN10:||1405102403|
|Weight:||699g||ISBN13:||9781405102407||Publication Date:||18 Jul 2005||Publisher:||Wiley|
Matthew Kieran is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Leeds. He is author of Media Ethics: A Philosophical Approach (1997) and Revealing Art (2005), and editor of Media Ethics (1998) and Imagination, Philosophy and the Arts (with Dominic Lopes, 2003).
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.