Combining the latest research evidence with the authors’ practical expertise, Helping Children with ADHD offers a complete intervention programme for flexibly delivering behavioural and cognitive interventions to children aged 6-12 with ADHD and associated conditions.
- Redefines and develops best practice in the application of cognitive and behavioural techniques to help children aged 6-12 with ADHD and associated comorbid conditions, including learning difficulties
- Offers a range of engaging resources within a pragmatic and practically-focused approach; modular structure allows the interventions to be selected and tailored according to the particular age, ability and needs of the individual child
- An appendix of entertaining stories about Buzz, a boy with ADHD, provides structural narrative while also teaching core skills in areas such as keeping calm, planning, managing impulsivity and dealing with anxiety
- Straightforward, accessible language allows the techniques to be used by those without expert clinical training; dedicated sections provide advice for using the approach in school, home and group contexts
- A companion website provides downloadable materials including illustrated patient worksheets to accompany the narrative stories
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 304 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||150 x 15 x 224mm||ISBN10:||1118903188|
|Weight:||408g||ISBN13:||9781118903186||Publication Date:||09 May 2017||Publisher:||Wiley|
Susan Young is a clinical academic working at the Centre for Mental Health, Imperial College London, UK, and Visiting Professor at Reykjavik University, Iceland. She was previously employed as a Clinical Neuropsychologist at the Maudsley Hospital, where she set up and developed the psychology service at the first adult ADHD service in the UK. She is the author of over 100 publications in peer reviewed journals, four books and three manualised CBT programmes that are in use internationally; numerous chapters, and the ADHD Child Evaluation [ACE].
Jade Smith is a Cinical Psychologist who has worked in a range of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Neurodevelopmental and Paediatric Services providing assessment and treatment for young people with complex neurodevelopmental disorders and associated emotional, behavioural and mental health needs. She designed and implemented an ADHD pathway as well as contributing to ADHD assessments in National & Specialist children’s Services in London. She currently works with children with learning disabilities and long term conditions.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.