The inspiration for countless one-liners, witty sayings, stage farces and not a few murder mysteries, marriage is more than just a relationship between two people. It’s one of life’s biggest adventures and a healthy marriage can be one of life’s greatest gifts. But weathering the stresses and strains of married life and maintaining healthy marital bonds over a span of decades takes work, and sometimes you need help from a friendly expert. Which is where Making Marriage Work For Dummies comes in.
Drawing on their experiences with thirty years of marriage, during which they raised three children, as well as decades of couples counseling, experts Steven and Sue Simring show you how to build a strong, happy and long-lasting marriage. They offer priceless tips on how to deal with most problems that come up between married couples, and they offer advice on how to:
- Make your relationship more romantic
- Work out big and small differences
- Argue in ways that strengthen you relationship
- Resolve disputes over money
- Cope with mid-life change
- Handle a spouse who cheats
- Deal with families and in-laws
- Reduce stress on your marriage
- Understand your partner’s annoying habits and quirks
- Balance career and family goals
- Seek professional help when you need it
Illustrating their points with insightful, often amusing anecdotes from their own marriage and from the marriages of hundreds of couples they’ve counseled over the years, the Simrings explore such crucial topics as:
- Deciding if marriage is right for you
- Six common marriage myths
- Understanding the roots of marital problems
- Communicating with your partner
- The do’s and don’ts of fair marital fighting
- Making marriage sexy
- Examining the marriage life cycle
- Ideas for resolving money differences
- Succeeding with remarriage
Filled with ideas you can use now to keep your marriage as strong as the day you took your vows, this is a survival guide for everyone committed to making marriage work.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 384 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||188 x 23 x 236mm||ISBN10:||0764551736|
|Weight:||544g||ISBN13:||9780764551734||Publication Date:||08 Nov 1999||Publisher:||Wiley|
Steven Simring, M.D., M.P.H., and Sue Klavans Simring, D.S.W., are experienced lecturers and psychotherapists who have appeared regularly on The Oprah Winfrey Show and The Montel Williams Show. Gene Busnar is a freelance writer.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.