A seminal handbook in the field for more than 20 years, this new and updated edition of Mathematics for Dyslexicsand Dyscalculics contains the latest research and best practices for helping learners with numerical and mathematical difficulties.
- Provides a complete overview of theory and research in the fields of dyslexia and dyscalculia, along with detailed yet pragmatic methods to apply in the classroom
- Contains enhanced coverage of place value and the role of the decimal point, why fractions can challenge a developed logic for arithmetic, and the complexity of time along with new material on addressing anxiety, fear, motivation, and resilience in the classroom; and links to new resources including standardized tests and recommended reading lists
- Written by two mathematics teachers with 50 years of teaching experience between them, much of it in specialist settings for students with specific learning difficulties
- Offers effective teaching strategies for learners of all ages in a structured but accessible format
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 360 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||152 x 20 x 226mm||ISBN10:||1119159962|
|Weight:||476g||ISBN13:||9781119159964||Publication Date:||29 Nov 2016||Publisher:||Wiley|
STEVE CHINN is an independent lecturer, writer and researcher, and Visiting Professor at the University of Derby, UK. He spent 24 years as headteacher of three specialist schools and was a mainstream teacher for 14 years. He was Founder and Principal of Mark College in Somerset, UK, a specialist residential school for young people with specific learning difficulties. In 2011 he set up and chaired the BDA's first subcommittee on dyscalculia. He has received the Marion Welchman International Award for Services to Dyslexia, and the Lady Radnor Award for Lifetime Services to Dyslexia. He has lectured and taught in over 30 countries worldwide and is the author of numerous books.
RICHARD ASHCROFT was headmaster at Mark College, UK, a specialist residential school for young people with specific learning difficulties. He taught mathematics at the secondary school level for almost 25 years. During his teaching career, he developed a series of teaching resources specifically for dyslexic students. He retired in 2006.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.