Objects in Motion in the Early Modern World presents a collection of 12 original essays that examine the circulation of objects across global regions and cultures from the 16th to 18th centuries.
- Features essays that represents an extremely wide cultural, geographical, and material scope while offering new insights into the specificity of early modern exchange
- Inspires broader questions about the disciplinary boundaries and frameworks of art history, visual culture, and material culture
- Presents innovative research that sheds new light on little-known historical objects and phenomena
- Calls into question traditional geographies and hierarchies associated with global exchange and challenges outdated center-periphery models
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 224 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||211 x 15 x 277mm||ISBN10:||1119217342|
|Weight:||794g||ISBN13:||9781119217343||Publication Date:||18 May 2016||Publisher:||Wiley|
Daniela Bleichmar is Associate Professor of Art History and History at the University of Southern California. She is the author of Visible Empire: Botanical Expeditions and Visual Culture in the Hispanic Enlightenment (2012), and co-editor of Collecting Across Cultures: Material Exchanges in the Early Modern Atlantic World (2011) and Science in the Spanish and Portuguese Empires, 1500–1800 (2009).
Meredith Martin is Associate Professor of Art History at New York University and the Institute of Fine Arts. She is the author of Dairy Queens: The Politics of Pastoral Architecture from Catherine de’ Medici to Marie-Antoinette (2011), and co-author of Period Eye: Karen Kilimnik’s Fancy Pictures (2007).
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to email@example.com
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.