As individuals and companies realise the importance of their inventions, issues surrounding patent laws and practices are taking centre stage around the world.
Patent Strategy introduces researchers to patent applications and patent portfolios. With minimum use of ‘legal jargon’ it provides the technical professional with the assistance and advice they require to understand the legal complexities that they may encounter before and during a patent application. It also discusses the responsibilities of the researcher after patent applications have been filed and the role the researcher can play in the maintenance of a global patent estate.
This updated edition of the best selling book has been expanded to keep pace with modern day movements and addresses the global issue surrounding intellectual property. Including new information on areas such as software and biotechnology it shows the techniques that can be used by individuals and academic inventors to protect their work and is the ideal reference source.
- Bridges the gap between the legal system and scientific research and avoids legal jargon
- Details the reasons behind patents, their importance and relevance to all researchers and the strategy needed for filing for a patent
- Focuses on the strategy and reasons rather than just being a textbook of patent law
- Presents an overview of tools a researcher can use while working with a patent attorney or agent
- Adopts a readable style that explains the basics right up to developing a strategy
- Essential reading for all those who wish to keep pace and protect their work
Reviews from previous edition:
"...I can recommend it for technology managing types. Does a nice job of explaining many aspects of the patent system and patent strategies with a minimum of jargon and case citations..."
—Internet Patent News
"...provides an enlightened approach to a complex subject. It is relatively easy to read and follow..."
— Polymers Paint and Colour Journal
"This handy book provides the researcher with useful guidance on how to maximize the benefit of their inventiveness to themselves and their organization".
—Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 256 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||154 x 14 x 230mm||ISBN10:||0470057750|
|Weight:||327g||ISBN13:||9780470057759||Publication Date:||04 Jan 2013||Publisher:||Wiley|
H. JACKSON KNIGHT E.I du Pont de Nemours and Company, Inc., Virginia, USA
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to email@example.com
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.