This ready-to-use resource provides 40 complete model and writing lessons that capture students' attention, build their writing skills, and teach them a writing process (motivation, brainstorming, composing, revising, and publishing) that will serve them throughout their lives.
The lessons/activities are designed for young authors in grades 4 through 9 who are just learning the composing process, as well as for advanced writers who are ready to experiment with a variety of writing and speaking genres. They feature a wide range of practical writing tasks students can easily relate to their own lives.
For easy use, all materials are printed in a big 8 1/4" x 11" lay-flat binding that folds flat for photocopying of the writing formats and evaluative checklists that accompany many of the lessons, and are arranged developmentally into five sections. Here's just a sample of what each section offers:
1. Descriptive Compositions for Young Authors: "People/Fact Hunt"..."Consumer Survey"..."Captions"..."Letter of Introduction to My Next Teacher"...:Restaurant Review Checklist"..."Horoscope"
2. Directional Compositions for Young Authors: "Advice to Next Year's Class"..."Treasure Map Directions"..."Friendship Recipe"..."Cheer-Up Checklist"..."Medical Guide"..."Advice Column Solution Letter"
3. Persuasive Compositions for Young Authors: "Apology/ApologyNote"..."Travel Brochure"..."Movie.VideoReview"..."Sympathy Message"..."Bill of Rights"..."Letter of Complaint"..."Eulogy"
4. Marrative Compositions for Young Authors: "Good News/Bad News Tale"..."Mystery/Whodunit"
5. Poems & Songs for Young Authors: "Simple Chant"..."Five-Line Poem"..."Comparison Poem"..."Auto/Bio Poem"..."Modern Nursery Rhymes"
All lessons provide step-by-step instructions, including alternative motivators, examples of what to say to elicit students' response and what to write on the chalkboard, and suggestions for responding to students' writing in a way that will encourage them.
You'll also find the lessons are ideally flexible. You may follow the steps in each Real-Life Writing lesson just as described or add, omit, and/or change parts to fit your students' knowledge, skills, or interests and/or your curriculum needs.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 496 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||209 x 33 x 277mm||ISBN10:||0130449792|
|Weight:||1329g||ISBN13:||9780130449795||Publication Date:||25 Jan 2002||Publisher:||Wiley|
Cherlyn Sunflower is Associate Professor of Education at Moorhead State University in Minnesota where she teaches elementary language arts courses. She previously taught grades K-6 and resource room in Austin, Texas, Public Schools. Dr. Sunflower is also the author of 75 Creative Ways to Publish Students' Writings and Really Writing! Ready-to-Use Writing Process Activities for the Elementary Grades.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.