Confused by all the brouhaha surrounding stock options? Let expert Alan Simon demystify this often-confusing investment vehicle for you.
If you’re like the majority of the estimated 12 million employees in the U.S. who have stock options as a key component to their compensation packages, you have a vague notion, at best, of how options work and what they can mean to your financial well being. What’s the vesting schedule for your shares and how will their strike price be set? What type of stock option grant will you receive, an ISO (incentive stock option) or an NQSO (non-qualified stock option)? What tax rules apply to your option program? Your financial future could depend on your knowing the answers to these and other questions regarding your company’s stock option plan.
Featuring clear explanations of how your stock options might make you money—or not—this friendly guide fills you in on what you need to know to:
- Understand different types of stock options
- Read and find traps in your stock option agreement
- Evaluate the pros and cons of company investment vehicles
- Assess vesting schedules and tax laws
- Tap Web resources
Simon demystifies the jargon, rules, and tax consequences of stock options. He provides a realistic picture of what to expect from your options, and he helps you see past the hype to understand what your employer is really offering. Important topics covered include:
- What you need to know before accepting a compensation package that includes options
- Developing a stock option philosophy and clear-cut goals
- Knowing whether you’re being treated fairly by your company
- Making sense of the language of stock options agreements
- Getting a handle on key restrictions on how you exercise your options
- Stock option valuation
- Tax rules and how they apply to different types of options
- How stock options can be affected by changes at your company
Stock Options For Dummies is the only guide you’ll need to get the most out of this important investment vehicle.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 336 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||188 x 18 x 234mm||ISBN10:||076455364X|
|Weight:||508g||ISBN13:||9780764553646||Publication Date:||01 Jul 2001||Publisher:||Wiley|
Alan R. Simon, author of Data Warehousing For Dummies, is a manager at Deloitte Consulting. Alan has experienced every side of stock options in public and pre-IPO companies, large Fortune 500 corporations, and small consulting firms.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to email@example.com
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.