A complete and friendly guide to technical writing!
Let’s face it, a lot of technical documentation reads as if it had been translated into English from Venutian by a native speaker of gibberish. Which is annoying for you and expensive for the manufacturer who pays with alienated customers and soaring technical support costs. That’s why good technical writers are in such big demand worldwide. Now, Technical Writing For Dummies arms you with the skills you need to cash in on that demand.
Whether you’re contemplating a career as a technical writer, or you just got tapped for a technical writing project, this friendly guide is your ticket to getting your tech writing skills up to snuff. It shows you step-by-step how to:
- Research and organize information for your documents
- Plan your project in a technical brief
- Fine-tune and polish your writing
- Work collaboratively with your reviewers
- Create great user manuals, awesome abstracts, and more
- Write first-rate electronic documentation
- Write computer- and Web-based training courses
Discover how to write energized technical documents that have the impact you want on your readers. Wordsmith Sheryl Lindsell-Roberts covers all the bases, including:
- All about the red-hot market for technical writing and how to get work as a technical writer
- The ABCs of creating a strong technical document, including preparing a production schedule, brainstorming, outlining, drafting, editing, rewriting, testing, presentation, and more
- Types of technical documents, including user manuals, abstracts, spec sheets, evaluation forms and questionnaires, executive summaries, and presentations
- Writing for the Internet—covers doing research online, creating multimedia documents, developing computer-based training and Web-based training, and writing online help
Combining examples, practical advice, and priceless insider tips on how to write whiz-bang technical documents, Technical Writing For Dummies is an indispensable resource for newcomers to technical writing and pros looking for new ideas to advance their careers.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 336 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||189 x 18 x 236mm||ISBN10:||0764553089|
|Weight:||517g||ISBN13:||9780764553080||Publication Date:||08 Feb 2001||Publisher:||Wiley|
Sheryl Lindsell-Roberts runs business-writing seminars for Fortune 500 companies and is the author of several books, including For Dummies guides to business writing and business letters.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.