What if everything you’ve learned about inflation is wrong?
The Inflation Myth and the Wonderful World of Deflation illustrates our rapidly changing world where constant technological innovation leads to cheaper and better products. These changes are no longer reflected in the ways we measure inflation. Renowned investor and author Mark Mobius persuasively argues that what we believe to know about inflation today does not reflect the reality any longer. It is a myth, a legend, a fable, and, yes, a falsehood for a number of reasons.
The Inflation Myth and the Wonderful World of Deflation tackles a number of fascinating topics, including:
- The political nature of inflation measurement where governments manipulate and exploit inflation numbers to fit their economic programs
- The extreme difficulty involved in gathering accurate data to measure inflation and the resulting inaccuracy of those measures
- The error of using currencies to measure inflation when those currencies are continually being debased by the governments who issue them
- Finally, and most importantly, the advances in technology and automation which are leading to continuously falling costs for goods and services
Perfect for anyone with even a passing interest in macroeconomic phenomena or government policies, which are significantly impacting people’s everyday lives around the world, The Inflation Myth and the Wonderful World of Deflation provides a remarkably compelling and provocative view of stunning originality.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Hardback, 256 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||140 x 23 x 218mm||ISBN10:||1119741424|
|Weight:||454g||ISBN13:||9781119741428||Publication Date:||02 Nov 2020||Publisher:||Wiley|
MARK MOBIUS leads Mobius Capital Partners as one of its founding partners. Formerly the executive chairman of Templeton Emerging Markets Group, Mark has extensive experience in economic research and analysis, particularly in emerging markets. He has served on the World Bank's Global Corporate Governance Forum as a member of the Private Sector Advisory Group.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to email@example.com
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.