An accessible, thoroughly engaging look at how the economy really works and its role in your everyday life
Not surprisingly, regular people suddenly are paying a lot closer attention to the economy than ever before. But economics, with its weird technical jargon and knotty concepts and formulas can be a very difficult subject to get to grips with on your own. Enter Greg Ip and his Little Book of Economics. Like a patient, good-natured tutor, Greg, one of today's most respected economics journalists, walks you through everything you need to know about how the economy works. Short on technical jargon and long on clear, concise, plain-English explanations of important terms, concepts, events, historical figures and major players, this revised and updated edition of Greg's bestselling guide clues you in on what's really going on, what it means to you and what we should be demanding our policymakers do about the economy going forward.
- From inflation to the Federal Reserve, taxes to the budget deficit, you get indispensible insights into everything that really matters about economics and its impact on everyday life
- Special sections featuring additional resources of every subject discussed and where to find additional information to help you learn more about an issue and keep track of ongoing developments
- Offers priceless insights into the roots of America's economic crisis and its aftermath, especially the role played by excessive greed and risk-taking, and what can be done to avoid another economic cataclysm
- Digs into globalization, the roots of the Euro crisis, the sources of China's spectacular growth, and why the gap between the economy's winners and losers keeps widening
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Hardback, 288 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||135 x 33 x 180mm||ISBN10:||1118391578|
|Weight:||318g||ISBN13:||9781118391570||Publication Date:||28 Dec 2012||Publisher:||Wiley|
GREG IP is an award-winning journalist and the U.S. Economics Editor for The Economist magazine, based in Washington, DC. He's spent two decades in financial and economic journalism, including eleven years at the Wall Street Journal in both New York and Washington, DC, and before that, stints at the Financial Post and the Globe and Mail in Canada. He appears frequently on television and radio, including National Public Radio, PBS, and MSNBC and is a regular on-air contributor to CNBC. Greg attended Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada, where he earned a degree in economics and journalism. He lives in Bethesda, Maryland.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to email@example.com
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.