Venture Capital funds are the fastest growing sector of the financial industry, and possibly the least understood. In this book, the author provides a primer on what some of the world's best venture capitalists have in common. How do the world's top venture capitalists consistently obtain supernormal returns? How do they add value to entrepreneurs they have backed? Why is a top venture capitalist like a skilled chef?
- How did Lip Bu Tan, when he was Chairman of Walden, manage to invest in Creative Technology, despite the CEO's aversion for VCs?
- How did Nam Ho, Founder and Managing Partner of Altos Venture, turn an introduction by a Stanford Business School professor into a venture capital firm managing a quarter billion dollars of capital?
- How does Bing Gordon, Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and author of the business plan that resulted in KPCB's investment in Electronic Arts, time exits properly?
- Why did Soo Boon Koh, Managing Director of IGlobe Ventures, back a GPS company which was filing for Chapter 11, in the post 9-11 market?
The Way of the VC: Having Top Venture Capitalists on Your Board is essential reading for venture capital practitioners, including partners, principals, analysts, consultants and limited partners--both institutional and private. It is also useful to students of finance who want a better understanding of what goes on in the venture capital world.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Hardback, 304 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||164 x 26 x 232mm||ISBN10:||0470824999|
|Weight:||694g||ISBN13:||9780470824993||Publication Date:||16 Dec 2009||Publisher:||Wiley|
Yinglan Tan was the first director of 3i Venturelab China, a joint-venture between private equity firm 3i (LSE:III) and INSEAD, one of the world's leading business schools. He has also served on the boards of growth ventures in Asia and a U.S. private-equity fund of funds. Yinglan teaches modules on Entrepreneurial Finance and Entrepreneurial Management at Singapore Management University. Educated at Harvard, Stanford and Carnegie Mellon, Yinglan now works with the Singapore Government to enhance the venture capital and entrepreneurship landscape in Singapore.
Yinglan can be contacted at email@example.com.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.