"Weather For Dummies is probably the best book written for a general audience about the subject." ―BILL GATES
Find out what's really going on when it seems like the sky is falling with Weather For Dummies
What exactly is happening when the wind blows, the clouds roll in, lightning flashes, and rain pours down? How do hurricanes whip into a frenzy, and where do tornadoes come from? Why do seasonal conditions sometimes vary so much from one year to the next? The inner workings of the weather can be a mystery, but Dummies can help. Packed with dozens of maps, charts, and stunning photographs of weather conditions, Weather For Dummies brings the science of meteorology down to earth, covering everything from weather basics to cloud types, seasonal differences, extreme weather events, climate change, and beyond.
You'll learn how to:
- Predict the weather and prepare a forecast
- Use common weather terminology like a pro
- Identify different types of clouds
- Spot weather conditions that can lead to storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, and monsoons
- Observe fun weather phenomena like lightning, rainbows, sundogs, and haloes
- Talk about what impact weather has on the global ecosystem
- Get a handle on smog, the greenhouse effect, global warming, and other climate issues
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
|Format:||Paperback / softback, 384 pages||Language:||English|
|Dimension:||185 x 25 x 231mm||ISBN10:||1119806771|
|Weight:||499g||ISBN13:||9781119806776||Publication Date:||30 Dec 2020||Publisher:||Wiley|
John D. Cox is a professional science writer. He studied biological and physical sciences at Harvard and MIT, and served as a fellow of the Knight Science Journalism Fellowship Program at MIT.
- 1. Brand New
- 2. To be eligible for a return or refund, you must make a request within 3 days of your order’s arrival as well as your order being in an unused condition.
Your order should be with you in 1-3 business days. At ByblyoShop, we are delighted to be able to offer FREE delivery on all orders
All prices shown on the ByblyoShop website are in Singaporean dollars. The prices shown are inclusive of GST.
The best way to contact us is by filling in the online contact form within the Contact Us section.
The form is designed to help you specify the query that you have and then direct it to a member of our customer support team that
is best suited to deal with it. We work hard to deal with your queries within 24 hours.
We also welcome to receiving any suggestions or feedback as to how we can improve. All emails are read by a member of a customer support team. Please send your emails to email@example.com
At this current moment, we only deliver within Singapore. However, we hope to expand this to the whole Asia region very soon.